Special Interest Music
Woodville High School is a designated Special Interest Music Centre. The Music Centre offers a wide range of Specialist Music courses to cater for the varied needs of the student population. This course is available for students who are currently learning an instrument, or who have a special talent or interest in music, and would like to study it a greater depth. It is expected that all successful students in the program will:
- Intend to study music to SACE Stage 2 (Year 12).
- Participate in the school's co-curricular instrumental and choral ensembles.
- Give full commitment to the total school philosophy and expectations.
- Attend co-curricular rehearsals, and performances as required (lunch hour, after school, weekend).
- Give priority to school music activities where a conflict with outside activities accurs.
- Wear correct school uniform for all performances.
- Special music students in Year 10 undertake a core of work together with elective music students (class ensemble, theory and choir) and an extension series of lessons which include solo performance, jazz, composition, arranging, music studies, music technology, sound engineering and extended ensemble. In Year 11 students do a full years course in music performance and musicianship. Year12 at Stage 2, students can study up to 40 credits from this list: Performance special study (10 credits), Musicianship (10 credits), Solo performance (10 credits), Composing and Arranging (10 credits), Ensemble performance (10 credits), Music individual study (10 credits), Music technology (10 credits).
The Music Centre functions in the spirit of dedication, cooperation, integrity and the pursuit of excellence under the three core values of the wider school community: diversity, creativity and success.
Entry into this course is by audition only, through a relatively simple procedure.
Please contact the Music Secretary on 8445 6442 or email email@example.com for an audition application and information brochure.
Special Interest Music - Application Form